Tuesday 29 July 2014

Cow & The Moon Artisan Gelato, Newtown


Let’s be honest, there is always going to be that one place that we all want to keep to ourselves hoping that no one ever finds out about it. But I decided I shall be nice and let you all in on my little secret, despite the fact that it has been broadcasted by numerous other bloggers already. I now introduce to you all, Cow & The Moon Artisan Gelato.


We are spoilt with choices, and there is a little line on a Monday night. However, that’s ok because it gives us the chance to peek at what we want. Upon deciding which flavours I wish to devour in my belly, I was ready to order my little cup only to be stopped by Miss CC, “Now, wait. Let’s be smart here…” I was confused (please do not judge as you keep reading).

500ml tub $13.50

We then decided to go with a 500ml take away tub between the two of us, because it is better value (That was what Miss CC meant by ‘smart’). “If we don’t finish it, you can take it home.” That comment received a chuckle response from me.

Left to right: Caramelised figs & walnut, mint choc chip, strawberry pannacotta with balsamic vinegar

The texture of their gelato is so creamy and smooth, and not to mention light (or it could be the flavours we ordered). The strawberry panacotta with balsamic vinegar would have perhaps been our favourite for the night, the strawberry mixed in with the gelato giving you that nice refreshing fruity touch. The mint choc chip isn’t anything that stands out to be different, but I do enjoy mint choc chip in general, and felt I needed a hit of mint that night. And the caramelized figs and walnuts was the slightly heavier option for the night, offering bites of figs and walnuts throughout. YUM!


Before we knew it, the tub was … empty. You see why I chuckled at her comment right? But it’s also because the gelato really is smooth, creamy, light - all components that makes you going for more. I do enjoy messina, but after a few spoonfuls their flavours can get a little heavy where you will stop but we here we were going in spoonful after spoonful.

I may just be visiting Cow & The Moon a little more regularly than I should …. Not sure if that is a good thing, most likely not.

A moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Anndddd… although Movenpick isn’t the same don’t forget they’re giving away free ice cream on the 1st August 2014. Check out details here.

Cow & The Moon Artisan Gelato on Urbanspoon

12 comments:

  1. We really enjoyed the gelato here too! Forget winter (especially today where it was beautiful and warm) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! ;) Though even on the chilly days, ice cream may or may not be consumed in my household :P

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. you must too...? too what? :P
      But I rkn you and damo would enjoy this, esp cause they have a lot of fruity flavours on offer and we all know how much he loves his fruity flavours! :)

      Delete
  3. We always hit up Cow and Moon when we are in the Newtown area, lovee their Gelato!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would be a trend happening for me too! :D Maybe when a suburb away too :P I mean, we did it for messina before... haha

      Delete
  4. You my love- are an ice cream slut.
    Flaunting your creamy adventures for the world to see.
    Bloggers, foodies, readers all want to be you and enjoy that creamy goodness too.

    ....I dont even know what Im talking about anymore. Jealousy is messing with my coherency haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL you funny girl ~
      don't be jealous! just head on over here ;)

      Delete
  5. Love their salted popcorn flavour. So tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this place! A must stop when I am in Newtown/Enmore area

    ReplyDelete