Wednesday 12 August 2015

Miso; World Square, Sydney

Life just gets in the way, and I can’t believe it’s already been 2 weeks since I last posted in here!

A month or so ago, lots of movies were released and I had pretty much wanted to watch them all, and I did watch them all. Well, the ones I wanted to anyways.


On this particular night, we needed to be quick so we can make it to ‘Inside Out’ in time because I needed to guarantee we get there in time to watch pixar’s short film. That’s how we came to be sitting inside Miso in World Square.

Tonkatsu pork loin set $16.80 (popular)

You probably have figured my love for both fried chicken and pork (belly) now. So, what has miso got that has me drooling?! Katsu!  Like yayoi, they serve their food bento style with side dishes.

Fillet pork katsu set $17.80

The katsu was golden crispy and the pork was soft and tender. A great combination, I am not usually a fan of katsu as I don’t like the sweet sauces that come with it, however with the variety of choices available at Miso, I am pretty sure I would not hesitate to be back.

Daily special $18.80

The daily dinner special only has 20 serves for the night, and consists of a wagyu with miso sauce and salmon sashimi.


I’m not sure if you all find that miso soups are generally a little above room temperature, and can be consumed without blowing to cool. But I can say that, Miso offers the ‘hottest’ miso soup I’ve ever had.


Are you a fan of katsu?

Miso
20 Liverpool Street,
World Square,
Sydney 


Click to add a blog post for Miso Japanese Restaurant on Zomato

16 comments:

  1. love miso, i reckon they do the best tonkatsu in syd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so far, I would agree, as I haven't had any like this before!

      Delete
  2. The tonkatsu is so good here! I think you've given me cravings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can imagine sipping hot miso soup now...really gives that comfort. That pork katsu looks crazy crunchy!!!

    Julie & Alesah
    Gourmet Getaways xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, and during the winter was totally perfect!
      lovely crunch indeed x

      Delete
  4. Yup a big fan of katsu when it's done well (as well as fried chicken and Japanese food in general) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha totally agree, anything crunchy done well makes the heart flutter

      Delete
  5. this place is awesome and love their tonkatsu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm ~ not sure I am willing to try anything else for their tonkatsu has already stolen the belly

      Delete
  6. I'm always in World square yet I haven't tried this place out yet. Definitely putting it on my places to go list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i hope you get to try this place soon, definitely worth it

      Delete
  7. BIGGEST MISO FAN right here! I love their bento boxes and I never walk out having an empty stomach. I think that's a really good sign :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bwahahaha!! the best sign is walking out with a belly full :P

      Delete
  8. I love katsu too!! I'm also loving how they serve their sets with yummy sides too. I thought Inside Out was a great movie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhh those katsu! need to be in belly again and again...

    btw I got the miso soup last week.... was rather worried the spill will repeat itself eeeep

    ReplyDelete