Thursday 11 February 2016

DuoTone, East Perth

… And just like that Chinese New Year has come, and gone.
But Gong Hei Fat Choi to you all. May the year of the monkey be a prosperous and healthy one.



Speaking of time flying by, it’s been 4 months since Miss MC and I flew over to Perth to meet up with Miss NH. So, I decided it was time to try and conquer some of these posts and I bring to you all DuoTone, the first eatery we visited when in Perth. Less than 5 minute walk from our hotel room.


It’s still fairly new, opened by two Melbournian friends. And when asked for any must visit recommendations in terms of food, we were told, “It’s hard to tell you any cafes that must be visited if you’re from Sydney.” That, was when my unknown mission was set, keep a watch out on more Perth posts to see if I found some “Sydney like cafes”.


Miss MC’s espresso was unfortunately not a favourite of hers.


I had the chai latte, and the spices were strong in the right ways.

Avocado on toast with hummus $8.50

Miss MC had the avocado toast with hummus, feta, chilli flakes and dukka. It looked absolutely delicious, I wanted to order this, but she did too – so I was the bigger person and let her have this one.

Soft boiled eggs toast $7.50

In order to feed the blog, it’s all about the variety, so I had wanted the ham and eggs toast, but unfortunately they had no ham. So, I settled for the soft egg toast with horseradish-chive labbneh. I had expected the eggs to be runny, but that horseradish labbneh was totally what pulled this dish together with the added flavours to the egg.

The dish sizes here were considered a little smaller, offering only a slice of toast, but looking at the price you pay it is reasonable. I guess they are also catered more for the office quick coffee runs as the menu is not too extensive but clean and simple.

Have you ever gone somewhere and been told that the food your city offers is a little hard to compare to?

DuoTone
313 Hay Street
East Perth

DuoTone Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous place to eat! Everything looked so simple, healthy and delicious!
    Thanks for sharing
    Julie
    Gourmet Getaways

    ReplyDelete